Debate 2012 at Lynn University

October 22, 2012 • 9 P.M. EDT

Volunteers

Thank you for your interest in helping with the 2012 presidential debate at Lynn University. The volunteer application is now closed. There are still other opportunities to experience the debate through the large number of debate-related community events being planned. Please check our Activities page often to learn more about what is going on.

Volunteer Orientation Guide

Volunteers may find this orientation guide helpful.

How are volunteers selected?

A committee will determine each application considering the level of interest of the applicant and skill set the volunteer brings to the various opportunities. All selected volunteers will be required to attend training before they can participate.

How do I know my application was received?

You should receive an email confirmation of your application shortly after you have submitted it.

When and how will I know if I have been selected?

If you are selected, you will receive an email notification informing you of your selection and giving you the next steps in the process by Monday, Sept. 10.

Do you really need my social security number, date of birth, race and citizenship status?

Yes, we require this and other information about you for the U.S. Secret Service. They will conduct a background check on all volunteers who will serve within the debate site area, not just the hall. Our selection committee will not have access to this information when making its decisions.